Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oui, Oui, Je Vais À Paris!

Mes amies!

Dèsolè for my absence for the past month. I have been focusing on the school part of this study abroad part of this whole amazing experience. In between having my head in a book and my body in a classroom, I did manage to go to the one place that you can't leave France without visiting: PARIS!

Thanks to Armistice Day, I had a nice little 4 day weekend, and I decided to spend that time in the City of Love: the mecca of all things that make a Francophile swoon. I tried to make the most of my time there since four days is not nearly enough to envelope yourself all that Paris has to offer. This was also my first time taking the train in Europe, and my experience has quelled any doubts as to why it is the preferred method of transportation among the chic.

We wasted no time and braved the wind and rain to visit as many famous landmarks as possible, indulging the inner cheesy tourist in all of us.





The Lourve was magnificent. The sheer size overwhelms the biggest of art buffs, but nonetheless, it is a necessary stop on any trip to Paris, be it the first or the 100th. Since it is so incredibly large, here are only a few of my favorite things up for display.





Oh what a fun weekend with some of the people that have made my time here so memorable and what better city to celebrate the European lifestyle than in the cosmopolitan hub of old, historic, fun, lively city of lights.

À tout a l'heure!
Krystyne









No comments:

Post a Comment