Wednesday, July 28, 2010

French-a-fy: Hair and Makeup


I am sorry for the lack of posts! I have been busy dealing with the technicalities of my trip. Now that I have the major obstacles out of the way such as, my passport, campus france, and finally-MY VISA :)- I am ready to prepare for the much more blog-worthy aspects of my trip. 

To be honest, applying for a visa was quite the daunting and tiring task. From sending in applications to the embassy, to waiting for a reply, to my in-person interview in San Francisco, then back to waiting for a reply, this process seems to be the equivalent of running the New York marathon in Louboutins! All right, I may be a bit dramatic, but now I am ready to kick off those heels and have some fun preparing for my trip to the land of chic! And what better way to do so than with a makeover?!

Not only is the excitement of a new country beckoning, but I also have that first year on my own to look forward too! With that said, I of course want to take this first leap not only in cute shoes but also with confidence. I've turned to classy and iconic French women for a little help. 

Brigitte Bardot- Of course she was the first that popped up when I googled, "classy and iconic French women" I believe she is the perfect icon to turn to because she invented that infamous french flair Krystyne wrote about in her recent post: effortlessly chic. 

In my makeover, I want to have a Bardot-esque influence on my hair and makeup. Here is why:

Miss Bardot perfected the Parisian classy look: smoky eyes, nude lip, and tousled tresses. 








I also love this look because it is timeless. It is easily maintainable and practical for a college student like myself. Proof of this classy, time-transcending BB enchantment is evident even in modern day. 



Designer, Mr. Jean Paul Gaultier, opened his fall/winter 2009 runway show with a Bardot-inspired model. 


Longchamp's fall/winter 2008 ad campaign also capitalized on the globally adored Bardot look.


Although my locks may not be as luscious of Brigitte's, I am excited to keep this belle femme in mind when I go in for my next appointment! I will be sure to post pictures when the transformation is complete, but not before I turn to another French woman for a FASHION makeover! I'll save that for the next post!

à plus tard!
Kate

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOUR BLOG! I love the design of it :) -- and can't wait to follow your adventures! Send photos when you get the Brigit! Love ya Katie!

    ReplyDelete