Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Francophile's UNITE!

Mes amies,

Love is in the air! I'm not talking about the cheesy Hallmark driven version of love popularized and idolized by the romantic comedies that we all secretly love to watch in marathons. Non, Mademoiselle. I'm talking about love for the most romantic country in the world: France (of course!). A slurry of new and exciting things are jetting out of the country that made horizontal striped shirts and a beret an iconic look. From haute couture confections to (GASP!) Gossip Girl sightings, Paris is feeling the love from every direction.

There is one thing that draws the svelte and gorgeous to France at least twice a year: Fashion. What better place to film one of the most influential shows to hit the closets of girls and women (and yes, sometimes even guys) everywhere? I'm amazed that they haven't done this until now?! Gossip Girl and Paris - a match made in the macaroon shop in the skies.





Leighton Meester and Blake Lively on location in Paris, France.
Source:omg.yahoo.com / PacificCoastNews.com
Looking through these delicious GG pictures really got me to thinking, "Hmm, so what should I pack?" Naturally, being the logic driven person that I am, I turned to research to answer my question. I replaced the encyclopedias with The Satorialist and other more fabulous sources, and my answer can be distilled into two words: effortless chic. I have four more words for you, "Easier. Said. Than. Done." How can these women look like they just rolled out of bed (perfectly tossled hair, strategically disheveled clothes. Glowing from head to toe.) without looking like. . . well. . . like they just rolled out of bed (think Walmart at 2 am). Mind-boggling. New Summer goal: perfect the ethereal and immaculate look of carefree couture. Ha. Wish me luck. Here's a few women that seem to have this look down.





Source: http://fashion.elle.com/blog/paris_style/




Source: http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/





Source: http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/


Now do you understand the casual goddess-bum on the couch paradox? The gauntlet has been thrown!Au revoir for now,Krystyne

No comments:

Post a Comment