Thursday, August 5, 2010

For my fashion renovation, I look to Catherine Deneuve for guidance. Why? Simple as this:  Miss Deneuve was Mr. Yves Saint Laurent's muse. Mr. YSL's designs are to France as baseball and apple pie is to America. Yeah, the French don't mess around with their fashion.



Miss  Deneuve graced all her photographs in quintessential French fashion that we all know and love. From sophisticated trenches to impeccable black silhouettes to girly and dainty touches such as bows and chiffon, I will definitely be thinking of Miss Deneuve as I pack my bags!






Here are my picks to re-create a modern day Miss Deneuve:

                              For her reoccurring black and white and sophisticated necklines: (both from forever21.com)

For her  bow and chiffon motif and the Belle de Jour look-a-like cut out dress: (both from Urbanoutfitters.com) 

For her signature brand: (both from barneys.com)

 



While I have fun feeling chic, it is most important that I feel confident and comfortable. It may be a little bit cheesy, but I want to conduct a inward makeover as well! And besides…the french love their cheese!

So for this part of the makeover I turn to yet another French native. Despite her humble beginnings, this very chic woman's accomplishments were legendary. I think she makes for the more-than-qualified role model as she qualified in the Time's 100 most important people of the century list. Plus, she achieved it all looking fabulous in pearls and perfectly tailored suits. I believe this lady is stylish inside and out: Miss Coco Chanel.


 It is quite the task to incorporate Miss Bardot, Miss Deneuve, and Miss Chanel in one makeover, oh la la, what have I gotten myself into?! Ha, souhaitez moi bonne chance!

Avec amour,
Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment