Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Around the World in 80 hours


Bonjour mes amies!
            I am finally in the land of cheese and croissants. It has been quite the adventure to finally land in Charles deGaulle, and the sad part is that I am only about three-fourths through my journey. At the end of this trip I traveled(layovers and wait time included) 23 hours. Oh the things we do to experience the wonder that is Europe. Let me recount my time and bring you along on my journey

22/8/2010:
6:10 PST – Fly out from home airport heading for Phoenix in black boots, a gray sweater, and carrying a thick wool coat. (Gotta save space where you can!)

7:50 PST – Arrive in Pheonix. Run like mad to make boarding time at 8:15. Board plane. Getting ready for about a 6 hour flight to NYC.

4:50 EST -  Arrive in JFK. Eat. Wait. Wait. Wait. Delay due to rain. Wait. Wait. Wait. Take off at 0:00 EST. Will not make connection to Lyon.

sleep.

23/8/2010:
13:10 (France) – Arrive in Charles deGaulle. Deal with missed connection. Devastated at having to leave at 21:45. Wait. Wait. Eat. Wait.

20:55 (France) – Finallly board last plane to Lyon. Sleep.

21:45 (France) – Take off.

22:30 (France) – Arrive at Aeroport de Lyon, tired. Get baggage. Run to catch the last bus to Grenoble.

24/8/2010:
0:30 (France) – Arrive at Hôtel de l’Europe. Shower. Unpack necessities.

2:20 (France) – Type up post. Pass out.

Phew. My day(s) were eventful to say the very least, but I’m glad that I am now here. It’s my first full day in Grenoble, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store.

Here are a few pictures so you can really follow me on my journey.









Á plus tard!
Krystyne

No comments:

Post a Comment